We are advocates for building collaborative family-school-community partnerships that advance student learning and achievement. We view achievement broadly, beyond grades and test scores, emphasizing the importance of a child's social, emotional, and intellectual learning and development.
We hope to see ParentNet® and other types of family engagement efforts used to foster exploration, discovery and understanding of the parenting skills and strategies that lead to the development of healthy, successful children.
Through www.ParentInvolvementMatters.Org, we provide:
- General education about family engagement, why it matters, and how to get involved as a parent leader, educator, trainer, or other stakeholder.
- A complete section of materials to locally implement or adapt ParentNet® -- a face-to-face process that facilitates discussion of everyday parenting topics, encourages parent networking and mutual support, and enhances communication between parents, students and schools.
ParentNet® Unplugged, a blog that encourages frank conversation about parent engagement with articles by leading educators, psychologists, school administrators, and other child advocates. Meet our bloggers.
- A collection of resources that includes scholarly research and links to organizations, parent programs, and publications that may assist schools and families.
- A bookstore devoted specifically to publications on family engagement, building family-school partnerships, and leading positive change in school cultures through family engagement.
- A Consultant Directory that provides listings of trainers, consultants, counselors, coaches and others who provide services to schools and/or parents to help develop the type of engagement that translates into student social, emotional, physical and academic success.
- Many other resources on family engagement in education.