National ParentNet Association/ ParentInvolvementMatters.Org
Last Modified 8/06/07
2. Privacy and Other Terms.
3. General Use of this Site.
This site may be used by parents, educators, school volunteers and others to discuss and share parenting issues and related solutions in a supportive environment. While ParentNet welcomes active and open debate among its members, it asks that it is done in a lawful and civil manner. Therefore, while using this site you will not and will not attempt to:
- Violate local, national, or international laws or regulations having the effect of law;
- Post material and information that you do not fully own or for which you do not have full and unencumbered rights or a license duly covering your use of such material;
- List a service or product that is prohibited or restricted by applicable law;
- Repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Post irrelevant content or post content in inappropriate categories or locations on our site;
- Delete, revise or improperly interfere with any material posted by any other user of this site;
- Intentionally post false or misleading material;
- Post material that infringes or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property or any privacy or publicity rights of another;
- Post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, sexually explicit, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity;
- Post chain letters, "junk mail", "spam," or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonate another person;
- Distribute viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or misappropriate any system, data or information;
- Employ any data-mining or data-extraction tools;
- Copy or adapt the HTML code used to generate this site;
- Employ misleading email addresses or forged headers or otherwise manipulate, through identifiers, to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this site;
- Use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of this site or any activity being conducted on this site;< /li>
- Harm minors;
- Access data not intended for you or log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising any part of this site;
- Engage in any activity that conflicts with any obligations you have under law including contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted.
4. Submitting Content to this Site.
5. Limitations on Your Use of this Site.
ParentNet may limit its service including with regard to the amount of time that posted material or Posted Content will be retained by ParentNet, the size or amount of material or Posted Content that may be transmitted through or stored by ParentNet and the frequency with which you may access this site. ParentNet has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of material or Posted Content or for the failure to store material or Posted Content maintained by or distributed on the service.
You further understand and agree that ParentNet, in its sole discretion, may terminate this agreement, delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of this site (or any part thereof), immediately and without further notice to you. You understand and agree that ParentNet will not be liable to you or to any third party for any termination of your access to this site for any reason.
6. Using of Materials from this Site.
For your own personal use, you may download a copy of the educational materials, but excluding materials available for sale in the ParentNet Store or Bookstore ("Store Materials"), available on this site ("Educational Materials").
6.1 Expanded Use of Educational Material by Schools and Trainers. In addition to the foregoing, Educational Materials available on this site may be used, copied and modified, at no additional cost, by schools and School Districts ("Schools") and by specially designated individuals who assist Schools in implementing th e ParentNet program ("Trainers"). If you are a School or a Trainer, you may reproduce and modify Educational Materials for non-commercial purposes as follows:
6.1.1 When reproducing Educational Materials, you will include the copyright notice "Copyright © 2007 National ParentNet Association" with all copies thereof.
6.1.2 When modifying Educational Materials, you will include the credit line, "Material Adapted from ParentNet®, National ParentNet Association" along with all copies thereof.
6.1.3 When reproducing or modifying Educational Materials, you will not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary-rights notices from the Educational Materials.
6.1.4 You understand and agree that all Educational Materials available on this site are provided on an "AS IS" basis without warranty of any kind.
6.1.5 You will use the Educational Materials solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes and you will not sell, rent, or re-broker the Educational Materials to any third party.
6.1.6 You will not represent that you are an agent or employee of ParentNet. You understand and agree that your use or distribution of the Educational Materials in no manner shall be considered as ParentNet's endorsement of you or your services, and you will not create or distribute any information, whether oral or written, containing or suggesting an endorsement by ParentNet of you or your services.
6.2 Expanded Use of Educational Materials. If you would like to use our Educational Materials but are not a School, School District, or a Trainer, then you can request permission to use the Educational Materials by contacting ParentNet.
7. Claims of Infringement.
ParentNet respects the intellectual property of others and requires that you do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office site at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, ParentNet will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are duly reported to its Designated Copyright Agent identified in the notice below. ParentNet will disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers. If you believe your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide ParentNet's Copyright Agent the following information:
DMCA Notice of Alle ged Infringement ("Notice")
(a) Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or-if multiple works are covered by this Notice-you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
(b) Identify the material or link you claim is infringing and provide a description of where the infringing work is located on the site.
(c) Provide your mailing address, telephone number and, if available, email address.
(d) Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- "I hereby state that I have a good-faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., fair use)."
- "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
(e) Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to the following:
National ParentNet Association
P. O. Box 11609
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
8. No Warranties.
ParentNet is not responsible for, and cannot and does not guarantee, the accuracy of any information, communications, or product or service descriptions, products, services, sites, communication or other such information posted on this site by other users. The inclusion of ParentNet information, product or service descriptions, or posted information on this site does not imply ParentNet's endorsement of this information or any linked site. If you decide to communicate with other people through this site, access a third-party site, or act on information posted on this site, you do so solely at your own risk.
THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION FOUND ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXPECTATIONS OF PRIVACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. PARENTNET DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PARENTNET DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES ON THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARENTNET OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS THEREIN WHETHER IN A CONTRACT ACTION OR BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRIVACY, SECURITY, STRICT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF PARENTNET OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL PARENTNET'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER B ASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRIVACY, SECURITY, STRICT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
12. Contract Interpretation.
13. General Information.